Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Discover with Made With Love

Hello friends!

I'm up on the Made With Love blog today with a funky mixed media project using some really cool new releases! This canvas is really out of my usual but it was a lot of creative fun. Who knows, I might turn this into a class....


This is a really dark and pensive piece but there's a good reason for using black gesso all over - I had the new Prima acrylic paint - Opal Magic Violet-Gold to play with and it was so much fun! Over a dark surface, it is a lovely gold but over a lighter surface, the luminescent violet peeks through.

Details in the close-ups:


Lots of textures here! Metals with chipboard (from Blue Fern Studios), stenciled graphite paste and beads and microspheres and distress glitter make everything a lot more interesting. Did you also spot the new Art Stones? Perfect for a funky look!


Here you can see the violet-gold more prominently and it's just sweet.


My title piece from Blue Fern Studios which I first embossed with black EP and painted the acrylic paint over. The violet is a lot more obvious here over the white gesso-primed chipboard.



More Mechanicals and textures.

Supplies list (available from Made With Love):

10x10 canvas board
Prima Mechanicals
Art Stones
Archival Cast
Opal Magic Violet-Gold acrylic paint
black and white gessos
Microbeads
Distress glitter
Graphite texture paste

That's all I have for today, have a great week ahead!

Jelissa


1 comment:

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!