Monday, November 23, 2015

Hope with 13@rts

Hello friends! How has your weekend been? 

We've had a fabulous one, traveling across the Causeway and into Legoland Malaysia with a few of our church friends. Both husband and I are not very comfortable with driving in - because of the jam at the immigration (which we had spent up to 3 hrs in when we used to travel in for our weekend dive trips) and also because Johor isn't as safe as it used to be. So with 2 pre-schoolers and an infant in tow, you can imagine how reluctant we are. So when friends told us that they were planning a trip, we jumped in immediately because there's safety in numbers, and we could do with some lovely company. In any case, it was a wonderful and successful trip - the boys (from age 3 to 13) had so much fun playing together and the adults had a nice break away from the office. I'm still kinda glued to the baby though, and have sort of resigned to the fate of a walking milk dispenser.

And today, I'm up on the 13@rts blog with a Christmassy creation. It's only about 1 month away and I'm really looking forward to all the festivities, merry-making and getting together with friends. I'm not much for green and red and gold, but this card was so much fun to make.

I used very simple supplies for this card as I wanted a minimalist sort of look with plenty of white space. To create some texture with a white-on-white effect, I spread modeling paste over one of the new Christmas stencils and sprinkled distress glitter on top while wet. I also die cut and embossed a white snowflake from cardstock paper.

Some close-ups:


I rested my white cardstock background on a sheet from Olga's Winter Tales collection. Love the wood grain design because it conveys such a cosy feeling of evenings by the fire in a tidy little cabin. I had also cut out tags from the collection and layered with a gold leaf and a chipboard from Blue Fern Studios, colored with Woodbine glitter paint. The flower was painted with green glitter paint and I sprinkled some of the gold microspheres inside. The title "Hope" is what I'm praying for this season - that hope will overcome all the evils of this world.


I dripped some Green glitter paint down the top. Wasn't sure what effect I was trying to achieve as snowfall on roof is not green, but it looked good all the same!

And that's all I have for today. Have a great week ahead!

love,

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jelissa! Great that you had a wonderful trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could all do with a bit more of that hope, I Think.....& you make red, green and gold SING! I don't really like red & green either....it seems so hard to scrap - but like i say, you did it soooo welll!!! And go you overcoming fear for hope & having a great day cos of it!!! My poor hubby, when he was living in Singapore, did something weird - came into the country once in an odd way? Years back....so whenever he tried to go from S to Malaysia, there was always a come into the office, explain, cos he had a note written in his passport! In the end he never bothered.... LOL.....doesn't sound like much has changed in 40 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely, love the gold leaf... and we need to always keep hope in our hearts..

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this card is just amazing I love it. I think the green drips are just fabulous. Love the white on white look with a bit of sparkle too. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!