Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Sweetest Thing with Maja Design

Hello friends!

Today I'm up on the Maja Design blog to share with you a layout I created using the gorgeous papers from the Vintage Basics collections.


Since the keyword is "vintage", I dug out this old wedding photo of my parents. Photos from their generation generally have an orange/reddish tinge so I used a sheet from Vintage Summer for my background. But I also liked the romantic roses and memory-keeping theme from Autumn so that was how I came to mix the two collections together. Surprisingly, the lilac and peach blended beautifully. It also helped that I had bits of green as a bridging color to tie the two together.

Some close-ups:


My floral cluster and title with die-cut leaves sneaked in.


Another floral cluster resting on my paper layers. You can see some of the background stamping peeking through.


My balancing cluster which I had some fussy and die cut layering, as well as clock hands chipboards from Blue Fern Studios, keeping in wit the theme of love being timeless.


More paper layers here whose color scheme I had borrowed for the background.

That's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!

love,

5 comments:

  1. I think this is beautiful! Really like how you've got the cluster on the R reaching across to the one behind your parents....it's stunning! And it soooooo sets the photo of your parents up to shine. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jelissa - this is stunning. And so your style! You look like your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout!!!! Love the mix of colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!!...the pic and ure layout...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!