Thursday, April 16, 2015

Saying Hello! with Maja Design

Good day friends!
Today I will be sharing a simple card that I made with some of the gorgeous papers from the Seasons' Basics collections from Maja Design
I had chosen a color scheme of orange, yellow and purple. Not very common but in the pastel shades they are found on the Maja papers, they actually compliment very nicely.
Here is the card I made for a friend:


Keeping the mixed media background work to a minimum because I want the designs on the paper to show up.
Some closeups:



Simple stamping and heat embossing, which acts as a resist for the  Matt Berry paint (13@rts) I added and also gives a beautiful contrast against all the colors. I also made little splatters of black paint to make the pastel shades even more outstanding. 



Making a frame from an intricate die from Bo Bunny. While I glued the bigger piece down, I popped up the smaller inner piece for a more dimensional and interesting look. From there, I built up the more 3D parts of my embellishments so that the cluster looks natural and not intrusive.




 And here is the cluster of flowers which I have lightly painted to match the color scheme of the papers. I also cut out little banners from the info strip at the bottom of the patterned paper I used to add not just layers but also direction as well. The chipboard (from Blue Fern Studios) I altered lightly with black paint and some black sand paste.



That is all I have for you today. Thank you for dropping by the blog!
love,









3 comments:

  1. Loving the smattering of black ink.....it's a STUNNING card...really soft and delicate...LOOOVE:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the distressed edges, and those colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. So soft and elegant. I love these colours and of course I love their papers. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!