Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Simple pleasures with 13@rts

Hello friends!

How are all of you today? I'm excited for so many reasons - one of them being my first collection with 13@rts has just been released (yay!). You can find them in the store very soon, after we have revealed the rest of the new releases for this season. Here's a peak at it:



A collection, with my name on it! How cool is that! In time to come, I'll explain a little bit more about how this collection came about, but meanwhile, let's get on to my post on the 13@rts blog today. This time I finally found the energy for a layout and it's one of my eldest and his papa when he was just a few months old. 


This was created with the Cozy Evening collection (Hot Chocolate edition) - the browns and beige are very therapeutic and soothing for some reason and I just have to use it for this sweet picture of the both of them. To add on more color in my background, I first created a soft background wash with matt paints in Peach and Caramel, followed by the darker Pearl Mist (Brown) and Chalk Mist (Dark Brown).

Some close-ups:


I kept my layering to a minimum this time, focusing on the textures I can create with modeling paste, glitter strips, microspheres and glass beads. The chipboard (from Blue Fern Studios) I altered with a mix of gel medium and distress glitter.


I altered the leaves by applying a mixture of medium and glitter strips, then sealing it with a layer of liquid medium.


After everything is almost dry, I touched up with drips of Chalk Mist (Dark Brown) and Pearl Mist (Brown), as well as splatters of Splash! acrylic ink in both Black and White.

This is all I have for now, thank you for dropping by! 



5 comments:

  1. HI.. Congrats on your new paper range, it looks beautiful.. Your layout is gorgeous, sweet photo and love all the texture on your back ground..

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations to the collection! wonderful layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! Fancy creating your very own paper collection. You're such a clever cookie....& talking of cookies...this page is like a lovely, big chocolate one! LOOOOVE those colours. And they're great for your Boys page.....love that you have FLOWERS on a man page, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new collection! The papers look wonderful. I really love all the texture on this layout. I especially am crazy about what you did with the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jelissa that is such wonderful news... How awesome is that. Congratulations..... I can't wait to see them I love the colours.
    This layout is just so restful. I love the earthy colours and perfect for a mans pages. I love that you use flowers on a masculine layout. So cool. <3

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!