Sunday, June 15, 2014

OUAS June Challenge

Hello friends!

I'm back in today to share my take on the June sketch challenge over at Once Upon A... Sketch. This month, Nadia has come up with yet another beautiful sketch, and I must say that this has to be my favourite so far. So many ideas running through my head on interpreting it, and I've chosen to go with a really colourful take on it.

Here's her sketch and theme:

"The best things in life aren't things"


I've gone back to using white cardstock for this LO and picked a really cute moodboard as my colour palette:

And my take on the sketch:


Lots of gelato goodness in my background as I was getting reacquainted with my stash. I'll have a video tutorial soon on how to use these yummy cream sticks to create a gorgeous background. But before that, some close ups:



My title and some floral fun.... with a little chippie (Layering Stems) from Blue Fern Studios to end off my cluster. 


Layering bits from Kaiserkraft, Prima and Studio Calico.


Love this cute little floral frame, also from BFS, which I used to frame my photo. I brushed a coat of gesso over and highlighted some of the bits with the bolder colours from the mood board. After that, it was some stamping followed by a very random coat of crackle on some parts of the chipboard.


More layering, with my journaling on a manila tag tucked under all those stuff. I wrote about a life lesson which I wanted my kids to learn, which is the quote above. The "best thing" we as parents have given them are not material comforts or a hefty inheritance, but one another and the brotherly love that they will nurture as they grow up together. We want them to remember that love is the greatest gift of all, and that they should always cherish this bond between them. 

Remember, this challenge finishes at the end of this month, so hurry on and get your entry linked up before that. I will be back soon with more lovely stuff to share. Until then, happy scrapping!

love,


7 comments:

  1. STUNNING....love those layers & the softness of the whole page - totally yummy:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful.. your back ground looks amazing, looking forward to the video too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout. Jelissa, and you pic is just so cuuuuuute. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout!!!! Love the chipboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love your delicate touch with the colours and your design. Looking forward to seeing the video!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!