Monday, April 7, 2014

OUAS April Challenge

Hello friends!!

I know this is a little early as my sketches for Once Upon A Sketch are usually revealed mid-month. There are too many things going on so I better get this out first.

So, so, so lucky that I got to work with the April Kit of the Month from The Flying Unicorn as a cross feature between FU and OUAS. Here's what can be found in the main kit:


Featured is one of my favourite brands 7 Dots Studios and the amazing Cold Country Collection designed by Finnbair.

Here's the April sketch:

Journalling Theme: "An event that changed my life..." 

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 

Here's my take on it:


I know it sounds a little cheesy, especially to friends of different faiths (or those without any). Initially I had wanted to scrap about my marriage, my kids, and other specific events which I felt had a tremendous effect on me. But after some deep thinking, I realise that none has as much impact on my life as the day that my Lord and Saviour gave His life for me. Of course I had to accept Him first, but everything that I am and that I have today, it was because of what He has done for me. It was also because of His sacrifice that I found a wonderful and God-fearing man in my husband, and now blessed with two beautiful and sweet children. My life though not very glamorous and neither are we wealthy, is filled with laughter and good times with family and friends. More importantly, I am secure and safe in His unconditional love, and perfect love casts out all fears. So I chose to scrap about how in that wonderful sacrifice, He has helped me overcome, with the promise of eternal life. And I pray that the people around me will come to know the same promise as well. What a wonderful thing to share for Good Friday in April!

Enough with the preaching! Some close-ups:



I've made quite a few mistakes during this layout, some of which include forgetting the stencils, and even forgetting there was a pack of flowers in the kit! And you get to see my boo-boos in the start-to-finish video I've put together for you. 


I should have some VERY exciting news that just make me want to jump out of my pants to share with you soon. Stay tuned!

until then,
love from Jelissa




5 comments:

  1. I could not agree MORE with your words, the best ever most life changing thing for me was when I felt the touch of Gods love on my life so long ago.. my life would not have turned out this way with out Him in my life.. so I love your theme.. thanks so much for sharing that and standing up for God too.. I love your layout, it is amazing and beautifully created.. so love love love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great art work!!! I admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your video is brilliant. Thanks for d tut

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful layout and I love the theme. It is so true and that verse is one of my favorites. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and touching post.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!