Saturday, October 5, 2013

you make me smile

Howdy people, are you starting to have a great weekend yet? I know I am!

And so, we are already in October - how quickly time flies! Especially more so since I've been quite busy with the boys, snapping pictures, uploading them and finally scrapping some of those precious photos.

While we were at the beach, I managed to capture one of eldest with that sweet smile of his. Folks always tell us what lovely dimples he has, and that winsome smile of his has never failed to light up the faces of people he meets.


The boy was absolutely delighted to be playing with sand. And surprised we were, since he had previously a phobia of the graininess of it.

And there's a new challenge on the Scrap Around the World. Such pretty colours and I just had to play along. The doily trim on the vases made me took out my doily stencils and the polka dots reminded me of some resist canvas borders I had. The sweetness and simplicity of it reminded me of the look of pure joy on eldest face, and how even the littlest things can give us so much joy.

Here's the mood board:


And this is my take on it:


I kind of followed the sketch but switched the title around a bit. Making this layout was really quite an experience. I kind of got carried away with my element on the top and made a complete mess of of it and realised I didn't have any idea how to salvage the thing unless I removed it. So I tore off the main elements with the layers and photos and pasted it on another sheet of patterned paper. This time, I chose a color gave the whole layout a feel of waves sweeping over the sandy shore. I also used my FC Gelatos to create a watercolor background instead of my usual glimmer mists.

Some closies:


Colored and frayed canvas banners, another little cut-out banner and flowers I colored with gelatos.


Another manifestation of the doily stencil (the first one is behind the photos). I think I'm starting to like those transparent self-adhesive sentiments from Little Yellow Bicycle very, very much!

And one of my friends is right - this month's mood board did get my mojo going! I think I'm going to get started on a second take on this lovely image and sketch.

Thanks for looking!

love,



11 comments:

  1. Hey Jelissa! This is flipping heck so beautiful!!! Wow what a great start to our new challenge!!! Amazing LO - thanks for joining us at SATW again this month :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful colours in this page, all is so pure and soft! Thanks for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, this is so beautiful :)
    Love the soft tones .... The photos and your flowers
    Thanks for joining us at SATW :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh that sweet layout! Very cute! Thanks for playing with us at the SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chiming in with Helen, couldn't put it any better; this really is so dang beautiful!! an absolute delight in every single detail, really really love it Jelissa! Thank you so much for sharing this gem with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you are inspired by the mood board! Your layout is just beautiful! So many amazing details! Thanks for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous take on the challenge. Truly beautiful. Cheers Di. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this page a lot, thank you for joining SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Thanks for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!