Saturday, August 17, 2013

lazy saturdays...

Hello everyone! Quite rarely do I get to blog twice in a week and I thought I better since the youngest is having one of his long naps, eldest is happily entertained by Bob the Builder and preparations for the dinner party tonight is all done.

I had quite a fair bit of 7 Dots Studio papers lying around from the tie-up they had with the Paperhaus magazine in July. So I took out my stash of pre-wedding photos and tried to do something about them. This is the end result....


The collection I used was "All I Ever" and it's got lovely purples, grays, pinks and some browns. Here I chose purple as my base with dashes of pinks here and there. I've realised that purple is not exactly an easy color to scrap but I quite like the cool and romantic feel it conveys.

Some close-ups:


Prima goodies - blooms and trinkets layered on top of the die cut sentiments from the collection


Using the sticker borders under lace and a stamped gramaphone from Kaiserkraft. 


One of my favourites from the collection - sticker words! Ink the edges a little and they make the perfect addition to any project. Did some gesso stamping as well and if you want to know how I did it, here's a little tutorial I did some time back.


I've really come to appreciate how these smaller flowers help to fill out a cluster so nicely!


Layering lace, trims, papers, resist canvas, gesso, stamping... oh my...... so much fun!

That's all I have to share for now. And since the youngest is still sleeping, I think I'll go start a new project. Watch out for it soon!

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!